Are you struggling with persistent ear pain or problems with eating or speaking? You might need to see an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialist.

How do you know when to tackle your symptoms with a visit to the pharmacist, and when you might need more help to find a solution for your problem?

What does an ENT specialist do?

ENT specialists can help with all sorts of conditions relating to the head, face and neck. These include:


Ear infections, hearing problems, ear pain, and tinnitus are all grounds to go and see a specialist. If you feel that you’re affected by hearing loss, an ENT specialist can diagnose and treat conditions like glue ear, wax blockage and more permanent hearing loss. An ENT specialist can also help with Meniere’s, Otosclerosis and a range of balance disorders.


Breathing and sinus problems are within the realm of treatment for an ear, nose and throat specialist. You may seek help for ongoing nasal discharge, nose bleeds or impaired sense of smell. You can also find support with nose deformity, cosmetic issues and damage.


An ENT specialist can provide support for problems with speaking, eating or swallowing. Common throat problems include frequent tonsillitis, a long-term cough or voice loss. ENT specialists can also support with throat cancer, snoring or swallowing problems, as well as acid reflux.

Head, neck and face

ENT specialists can help with trauma to the head face or neck. They can also assist with nerve problems, and conditions like tumours.

What are signs that you might need an ENT specialist?

ENT specialists are highly qualified and can help with diagnosis and treatment. You don’t need to know exactly what’s wrong before you see an ENT professional.

Some of the most common issues that lead people to seek help are dizziness, ear pain, a long-lasting sore throat or balance problems. ENT specialists can also support you with asthma, allergies, nerve damage, hair loss, injuries, tumours or nose bleeds.

Permanent conditions, like Down’s Syndrome, may lead to a need for support. ENT specialists can also help with a cleft palate, drooping eyelids or cosmetic concerns.

Some people are referred to an ENT specialist by another medical professional. This is the case for conditions that you’re born with, or for problems that come from an injury. If you’ve noticed symptoms that have developed over time, you may want to speak to an ENT specialist directly or ask for a referral.

Where can you find an ear, nose, and throat specialist?

At the world-class 150 Harley Street ENT Clinic, we can support you with any concerns related to ENT issues.

Our services include diagnosis and treatment, for medical and cosmetic problems. At our private clinic, you can find support from leading specialists with a wealth of knowledge and experience.

In the right environment, you can go from a successful diagnosis through to the appropriate treatment. You will be supported whether you are dealing with a lifelong condition or with something that’s developed very suddenly.